SUNDAY SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Firstly, everyone is welcome at Archway Methodist Church. You are not obliged to return if you feel that your own health will be compromised. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not enter the building.
- Services will start on 20 September 2020 at 11am. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early so that all may be safely seated before the service starts. Those arriving after 11am will not be able to gain entry.
- There is a one-way system to enter and leave the Worship centre. Please do not congregate in the foyer, stairwell, corridors, or doorways.
- You may use the lavatories before or after the service, but it must be cleaned after use (wipes are provided for cleaning the touch points; seat, flush handle, taps, door handles).
- The Worship Centre has been set up to socially distance each person or a Household group (or Bubble) attending at 1m intervals.
- Please sit in only those seats that are not blocked. Each person, household group or Bubble must sit two seats away from the next person. Do not move the seat blocking signs without first consulting a steward.
- We will ask you to fill the rows of chairs from the front so that they can be occupied to make best use of the space.
- Masks are required for all attending worship except for those exempt (those under 11, with a medical, physical, or mental condition that makes mask wearing difficult).
- No one may interact socially before, during or after the service, except for those in the same household or in a ‘Bubble’.
- Refreshments will not be served after the service.
- We will not be using hymn books or bibles. A service sheet will be left on each available seat with the words of the hymns and the service will be projected to the screens.
- We are not permitted to sing.
- The service will be approximately 40 minutes long.
- You may use the lavatories before or after the service, but they must be cleaned after use (wipes are provided for cleaning the touch points; seat, flush handle, taps, door handles).
- We are required to record those attending. This information will be retained for 21 days and then destroyed.
- At the end of the service please leave from the back row first and leave the building promptly.
- Anyone developing symptoms while they are attending worship should return home by the safest possible means. They and anyone with whom they have been in contact should isolate and seek a test immediately.
- Should anyone develop symptoms after they have attended worship, they should advise one of the ministers, a steward or the administrator. All should isolate and seek a test immediately.
Last Updated: 10 September 2020